It can be daunting when you’re looking for a wedding dress, there are so many different styles, where do you start? Ivy Blu has paired together the best wedding dresses to fit and flatter you best.
- For a pear-shaped body, keep an eye out for an A-line dress. This will highlight the narrowness of your mid-section and beautifully draw attention away from hips and thighs. Ivy Blu tip: Avoid chiffon and taffeta style fabrics as these often get clingy ruining the illusion, opt instead for a sturdier fabric to keep the illusion alive.
- For a taller bride, go for a simple silhouette, this will draw attention to your natural shape. Ivy Blu tip: If you’re going for long sleeves, make sure they go past your wrists otherwise the dress will look like it was made for someone else.
- If you have a fuller bust, try on a dress with a scooped neckline. This will be less revealing whilst also highlighting your face. If you’re trying on a strapless dress, avoid a straight line as this can make your bust appear larger and instead look out for a sweetheart neckline. Ivy Blu top tip: Avoid materials with a lot of sheen such as satin or silk, these can further accentuate your bust.
- For brides with a straight body, try on a ball gown. This will sit on your natural waistline and fill out into a full floor length skirt, giving the illusion of beautiful curves.
- For brides with an apple shaped body, find a dress that highlights the smallest point on your waistline and flows down into an A-line. A dress with a deep V will get people looking at your neckline or look for a dress with extra detailing on the bodice such as ruche or lace to further aid the illusion. Ivy Blu tip: Avoid dresses which emphasise you widest area but hide your most slender areas such as legs.
- If you’re smaller chested, try on a dress with a ruched bodice. Extra fabric will help create volume and curves which will fill out your upper body.